W.S. Cumby served as Construction Manager for the restoration and renovation of the historic Stoneleigh Mansion in Villanova, Pennsylvania. Set on a pristine 42-acre property maintained by Natural Lands, the Mansion was originally built in 1877 and previously owned by the Haas Family. Stoneleigh Mansion was renovated for the use as the Organ Historical Society’s headquarters consisting of new offices, a library and historical archive, and a first-floor event space.
The scope of work for construction included roof repair, exterior waterproofing, a new HVAC and fire protection system, installation of a new elevator and interior fit-out. A musical organ was installed in the residence along with an organ chamber and blower room in the basement.
The surrounding estate includes a large nature preserve to be developed into “Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden,” a public exhibit and walking trail featuring historic gardens and landscaping.