Princeton, New Jersey
W.S. Cumby was selected by Princeton University during schematic design to provide both Preconstruction and Construction Phase services for the complete reconstruction and expansion of the historic Elm Club, one of the University’s original eating clubs, into the Carl A. Fields Center for Cultural Understanding.
The scope of the 21,400 square foot, sustainably designed project included the exterior restoration of the existing building to recreate the original 1901 Club, an adaptive re-use of the three story structure to house seminar and meeting rooms, a library, administrative offices, and student organizations that provide educational enrichment youth programs. The new 7,700 SF addition provides a welcoming lobby with exhibition space, a multi-use hall for large events, an elevator, kitchen and restrooms.