Philadelphia Naval Yard, Philadelphia, PA
Barthco International engaged W.S. Cumby to manage the details from site acquisition through building commissioning for the consolidation of their Philadelphia area operations into one central location.
The rehabilitation of Building 26, originally built in 1909, within the historic core of the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard included the exterior restoration of the roofing, brick façade, wood windows and metal cornices. The interior space was renovated for new class “A” office space and to retain the building’s historic industrial characteristics by restoring the original 20-ton overhead crane and exposing the steel structural framing and truss system.