Position Title: Project Accountant
W.S. Cumby is seeking a self-starting, deadline-driven and detail-oriented individual who will work with accounting and project management teams to assist in project accounting. The candidate should embody the company’s core values of Integrity, Partnership and Commitment.
As an integral part of the Accounting & Project Management teams The Project Accountant’s primary responsibility is to support the project team regarding process compliance, billing, payments, profitability tracking and other duties related to the project. The role interfaces between the Controller and the Operations team from project initialization through final invoicing to ensure accuracy in billing, cost accounting and process compliance for assigned projects.
- Maintain construction project-level financial records including management of monthly invoicing and cost tracking, processing of change orders and progress payments, etc.
- Manage entry of costs and receivables in company accounting system
- Ensure project general requirement and labor costs are current and accurate
- Monitor project budgets, commitments, costs-to-complete and actual costs to ensure project margins are maintained
- Provide project profitability reporting to the Project Manager (PM), Operations and Accounting teams and alert the PM if costs are forecasted to exceed budget
- Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to the accounting department
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar business degree.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience working as an accountant or bookkeeper
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Experience in the construction industry preferred
- Key competencies are communication, teamwork, initiative, and dependability
- Sage, Excel and Procore experience preferred
To apply, please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com