To W.S. Cumby Clients, Partners and Associates:
First of all, we would like to thank you for your trust in and partnership with W.S. Cumby as we weather this unprecedented situation. We are proud to have kept our project teams intact, employed and serving our clients.
At this time, the Governor of Pennsylvania has allowed construction to re-start on May 1st, subject to strict guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19. W.S. Cumby has re-started all its suspended projects in accordance with the state guidelines and with its COVID-19 management plan in place. The safety of our clients, team members, and subcontractors is of utmost importance to us; a copy of our current COVID-19 management plan is below and will be continually updated.
The ultimate impact of the COVID-19 shutdown and mitigation measures is still unclear, and we will continue to work with our clients in a transparent manner and strive to mitigate schedule and cost impact as much as possible.
We thank you for your trust and understanding as we navigate this challenging new environment together.
W.S. Cumby COVID-19 Management Plan PA – 12/08/20
The following plan describes the basic steps that W.S. Cumby has taken to reduce the risk of worker exposure to COVID-19 in our workplace and on our active project sites. This plan pertains specifically to Low Exposure Risk (Caution) jobs as assessed in the OSHA COVID-19 3990-03 Guidance Manual and adheres to the PA Guidance for Businesses in the Construction Industry Permitted to Operate during the COVID-19 Disaster Emergency.
The health and safety of all W.S. Cumby employees, trade partners and workers continues to be our highest priority. We are taking steps to keep everyone healthy and reduce the risk of contracting or spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19). Simple hygiene practices, similar to those used to protect against the flu, can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory infections.
As part of W.S. Cumby’s ongoing commitment to ensure a safe working environment for our employees, trade contractors, clients and design partners, we have established and implemented the following protocols:
Steps W.S. Cumby has taken:
- All W.S. Cumby personnel are required to wear respirators or homemade fabric or cloth masks to limit the spread of infectious droplets expelled into the air.
- Only WSC personnel are permitted to enter the job site office trailers.
- Employees have been directed to work remotely whenever possible.
- All meetings are now conducted via conference call, including sub-contractor PM and foreman meetings; if onsite meetings are necessary, they are to be conducted outside while maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet between individuals. Sign-in sheets or other paper documents are not to be distributed.
- Hand wash and/or sanitizing stations have been provided on all jobsites.
- Cleaning crews have been mobilized to sanitize frequently touched objects and surfaces daily. These include handrails, elevators, doorknobs, ladders, bathrooms, and all common areas.
- We have engaged the services of a 3rd party safety consultant to regularly inspect all active project sites to ensure compliance with CDC and OSHA COVID-19 guidelines.
Steps we REQUIRE our subcontractors and site visitors to take on active projects:
- All workers/visitors must wear respirators or homemade fabric or cloth masks to limit the spread of infectious droplets expelled into the air.
- All workers are required to submit a completed and signed COVID-19 Screening Form prior to being granted access to the site.
- All workers must comply with the maximum number of persons allowed per enclosed building square footage guidelines set forth in the PA Guidance for Businesses in the Construction Industry Permitted to Operate during the COVID-19 Disaster Emergency
- Stay home if sick. If any of your employees have fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or 2 or more of the following: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, direct them to seek medical care immediately and stay away from others. Restrict them from entering a W.S. Cumby jobsite.
- Avoid close contact with people who have fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Notify W.S. Cumby immediately if any of your employees have had possible COVID-19 exposure or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- If any employees has had close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, restrict them from entering a W.S. Cumby jobsite for a period of 10 days without testing of self-quarantine from the date of contact. If the employee choses to be tested, testing must occur no sooner than the 5th day after exposure. If the results are negative the employee may return 7 days after the exposure date.
- Practice Social Distancing (maintain 6 feet of separation between coworkers).
- Do not travel to or from the jobsite with others.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing tools; if sharing is necessary sanitize between uses with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of elbow.
- Wash or sanitize hands after using a tissue and throw used tissues in the trash.
- Refrain from shaking hands.
Everyone at W.S. Cumby is grateful for all you are doing to help protect the safety of your coworkers and your community. Thank you for your understanding and continued cooperation through these unprecedented times.