Construction recently commenced for the restoration and renovation of the historic Stoneleigh Mansion in Villanova, Pennsylvania. Set on a pristine 42-acre property in Lower Merion Township, the 19,075 SF Mansion was originally built in 1877 and previously owned by the Haas Family. Stoneleigh Mansion will be renovated for the use by the Organ Historical Society who will relocate their headquarters and occupy the upper floors. Improvements include new offices, library and historical archives and the first floor will be converted into an event space. NorthStar Owners Representation is providing project management services to the National Lands Trust, who currently owns the property and engaged John Milner Architects to provide architectural services.
W.S. Cumby, as Construction Manager, provided preconstruction services in the form of scheduling, logistics, cost estimating, value engineering and constructability reviews leading up to the start of construction. The scope of work for construction includes roof repair, exterior waterproofing, a new HVAC and fire protection system, installation of a new elevator and interior fit-out. A musical organ will be installed in the residence along with an organ chamber and blower room in the basement. The surrounding estate includes a large section of landscaping and gardens to be developed into “Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden,” as a public exhibit and walking trail.