Saint Katharine Mission Center & Shrine
- Major addition and renovation in midst of occupied campus
- Worked with Owner and Architect to maximize value for client's tight budget
In 2000, Pope John Paul II canonized native Philadelphian Katherine Drexel initiating a large increase in the number of visitors to the Mission Center and creating the need to upgrade the facilities. Committed to the spirit of the project, W.S. Cumby worked diligently with the design team and the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament to create a new inviting space that integrated the existing Chapel, built in 1891, and facilitated the mission of Saint Katherine Drexel.
The 15,000 SF historic renovation and 7,000 SF addition includes a new entrance with an elevator and stair tower, a covered drop-off for buses and cars, covered walkways that lead from the Mission Center to the Shrine, a 75-seat Cafe and outside terrace, a mission gift shop and a 100-seat auditorium.
Copyright © 2005-2017 W.S. Cumby, Inc.
W.S. Cumby, Inc. | (610) 328.5353