Renovations of the historic Sisters of St. Joseph’s Chapel at Chestnut Hill College are completed, enriching the environment for worship and daily life of the Sisters. Established in 1858, the Chapel is an integral aspect of the campus, providing a firm core value of the college. In collaboration with Bernardon, W.S. Cumby provided construction management services for updates and improvements to the space.
The scope of work included integration of new HVAC systems, lighting, fire protection, and acoustical improvements. New pews were installed over porcelain tile and the altar was reconfigured with new marble tile to match the existing antique marble steps and floor.